Arlington County’s Division of Environmental Solutions (DES) is at this time trying to get expert Automotive Mechanics to fill various vacancies in each the heavy and gentle sections within the Automobile Products Bureau. The Equipment Bureau gives upkeep and fix expert services to County machines and fleet motor vehicles this kind of as: heavy fire machines, dump trucks, utility vehicles, faculty buses, passenger vehicles, snow-linked devices and other miscellaneous large machines used by Arlington County. These mechanics are liable for accomplishing preventive upkeep perform and program corrective repairs on all County and university cars. Vacancies are out there on equally the day and night do the job shifts. These positions report to the Trades Manager/Chief I.
Certain duties for Car Mechanic I incorporate:
- Inspecting vehicular equipment
- Carrying out corrective and preventive upkeep
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing repair perform on mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems applying diagnostic scanning equipment
- Restoring or changing tires for all varieties of devices
- Operating store equipment and vehicles these kinds of as the tire device, computerized tire equilibrium, fork carry and wrecker
- Performing Virginia Condition Safety Inspections on vehicles and
- Transporting cars and major gear.
Precise duties for Auto Mechanic II contain:
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing mend function on mechanical, hydraulic, air conditioning, air brake techniques, and electrical devices to include things like multiplex units using diagnostic scanning instruments
- Education new mechanics and assigning and examining operate throughout the absence of the supervisor
- Analyzing scope and sequence of repairs demanded
- Providing maintenance feasibility suggestions on transmissions or relevant parts
- Doing Virginia Point out Security Inspections on motor vehicles
- Inspecting vehicular machines and
- Doing associated and other duties as expected.
Arlington County presents a competitive salary and a wonderful benefits package including a Outlined Benefit (pension) program. For a lot more info on Arlington’s family members friendly rewards simply click right here .
Take note: Latest vacancies exist in the large and gentle sections for Car Mechanic I and II. Candidates will be put in appropriate level based mostly on skills, licensure, and experience. This recruitment may be utilised to fill comparable vacancies that come about in just the division.
Bare minimum Prerequisites:
- Higher university diploma or equal additionally
- Mechanic I – A single (1) 12 months of encounter in motor vehicle restore.
- Mechanic II – A few (3) decades of practical experience in motor auto repair.
All major facet mechanic candidates should have or be able to get a Professional Driver’s License within just six (6) months of employ the service of and expected endorsements within just nine (9) months of employ the service of date, based mostly on assignment.
All light facet mechanic candidates should have or be equipped to get a VA DEQ Emissions Inspector License in just 1 (1) calendar year of hire date.
In addition, all positions need to possess, or get in just specified timeframe:
- Virginia Security Inspector License and
- Class “A” or “B” Industrial Driver’s License and expected endorsements (See unique specifications).
Substitution: Supplemental qualifying encounter might be substituted for the instruction need on a 12 months-for-yr basis.
Attractive: Choice could be offered to candidates with specified certification/licensure and mechanical expertise in one particular or additional of the pursuing:
- Repairing diesel engines (Cummins, Caterpillar, Detroit or Worldwide), transmissions, or hydraulic programs
- Accomplishing computerized diagnostic screening to troubleshoot intricate motor, mechanical, or electrical complications
- Faculty bus maintenance and repair service
- Emergency automobile repair on fireplace vans, hearth apparatus and medic models
- Undertaking computerized diagnostic testing to troubleshoot intricate motor, mechanical, or electrical troubles
- Training other mechanics
- Performing Virginia Point out safety inspections and/or
- Possession of Nationwide Institute for Automotive Support Excellence (ASE) certifications, CDL “A” or “B” licensure with endorsements, and/or VA Condition Protection Inspector License.
- The applicant must have a valid Driver license and authorize Arlington County to obtain, or the applicant will have to offer, a copy of the applicant’s official condition/district driving file.
- Applicant will have to possess or acquire in specified time frames of appointment:
- Class “A” or “B” Business Driver’s License within just the first 6 (6) months of employment
- Dangerous products endorsement (H), Tank car endorsement (N), Faculty Bus endorsement (S) and Passenger Carrying endorsement (P) for the CDL within the first nine (9) months of employment
- VA Point out Security Inspector License in the first twelve (12) months of work.
- Anyone hired with out the VA Condition Licensed Basic safety Inspector License, or the Commercial Driver’s License and needed endorsements have to get hold of the permit/license in the specified time body.
- After obtained, the CDL and VA State Certified Basic safety Inspector Licenses will have to be kept in good standing all through the length of the employment.
Covid-19 Vaccination : Arlington County Govt is dedicated to the health, safety and wellness for all personnel. In support of that commitment, all present-day and newly hired employees are essential to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination. For those people certified personnel with a disability or sincerely held spiritual belief which prohibits them from acquiring a vaccine, you will be able to get in touch with the Business office of Human Legal rights to request a acceptable lodging. Adherence to this coverage is a affliction of employment.